Welcome to Mobilizr, a service provided by Nuttify Pty Ltd (“we” “our”, “us”).
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy, summarised as follows:
- We do not treat you as a product: We do not sell or share your personal information and data with any third party outside the Mobilizr platform, such as data agencies or advertisers
- We do not sell ads: We do not bombard your experience on Mobilizr with ads. Full stop.
- We respect your privacy: We consider privacy a ‘right’ for all users, as well as a ‘service’ we provide and protect.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources. We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Mobilizr Service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your feedback/inquiries, and improving our services.
Information provided by you
To provide you with a quality service, we require certain essential information from you, as well as certain information you can provide at your own discretion.
- Essential information: When you register for an account on the Mobilizr App, you will need to provide your mobile phone number and a user name that people know you by – so your friends know who is inviting them or who is attending their activities – (this may be your real name or a pseudonym).
- Profile information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide a profile picture so your friends can identify you easily. (None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time).
- Contacts information: The Mobilizr App will periodically access your address book or contact list on your mobile phone. This enables us to provide you with the means to invite anyone from your contacts list to activities either via a Mobilizr message or via SMS. This also enables us to identify and display which of your contacts have already been invited to activities you create or join.
- Website information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide your email address on the Mobilizr Website to request an invite to the Mobilizr App. We will in time email you with an invitation to the App.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the web-forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
Information we do not collect
Mobilizr does not collect emails, addresses or other contact information from its users’ mobile address book or contact lists other than usernames and mobile phone numbers—the Mobilizr mobile application will associate whatever name the Mobilizr user has assigned to the mobile telephone number in his/her mobile address book or contact list. However, if a friend in your mobile address book signs up using different username than the name in your list, their username will override all others on Mobilizr. This means, that if you have a friend’s mobile phone number associated with the name ‘David in your mobile address book, but your friend signed up as “George” on Mobilizr, then “George” is the name you will see in Mobilizr for that user.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Mobilizr Service. This information includes but is not limited to:
- The specific actions that you take on App and Website, including the pages that you visit, activities you create and share, activities you join, decline or leave, tags you use when creating activities.
- The time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Service.
- The nature of the device from which you are accessing the Mobilizr Service, for example, whether you are accessing the Service from an iOS or Android mobile device.
- The type of mobile Internet browser you use if you view our App or Website
- Any search terms that you may enter on the App or Website
- The mobile network that you may be using at the time that you use the App or Website
Information we disclose to other users
There is certain information about you that we disclose to others users with clear restrictions in a way that is consistent with the use of the Mobilizr Service, to help you create, share and join activities with friends on Mobilizr.
When you join an activity, anyone from your phone contacts list going to this event will be listed in the Contacts Going section of that Activity Page. This is the same for all other users. For example, if a friend of yours has your phone number and you both join an activity, you will appear in their Contacts Going section for that activity.
When you join an activity, all people from your phone contacts list that are going to this event are listed in the Contacts Going section of that Activity Page. This is the same for all other users. People from their phone contacts list going to an activity are displayed on that activity Page. For example, if a friend of yours has your phone number and you both join an activity, you will appear in their Contacts Going section of that activity.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Service:
- To operate and maintain your Mobilizr account, and to provide you with access to the App. Your phone number is used to identify you when you register into the Service.
- To identify you as the creator, inviter or joiner of events and activities, and/or the other contributions that you make to the Service.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To provide other users with data regarding which events and activities people create, share and join.
- To enable you to send personalised invites to each person in your mobile phone contacts list with their name in the invite message for each invite
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your username and profile image will be published on your profile page. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- Your phone number will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account.
Improving and customising the Mobilizr Service:
- To analyse the use of the Service, and the people using the App and Website, in order to improve Mobilizr and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Service and/or the content of any activity invite or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
For other purposes provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of your information
- Other users: Any information in your public profile, such as your username and profile picture (other than your phone number) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information. If you create, invite or join activities, your username and profile picture will be displayed. If you create an activity, your username and profile picture will only be displayed to other users who are also invited to the same activity. If you join an activity, your username and profile picture will only be displayed to other users who also join the same activity. If you invite friends from your mobile phone contacts to an activity, your username will be included in the invite notification or SMS invitation, was well as displayed next to that activity in your friends Invites and Joined Pages.
- If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our user, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Service and/or the Mobilizr community
Deleting your account
If you ask us to delete your account via the Contact Us tab in the Menu Bar, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including the activities that you have created, shared and joined, and the usage data associated with those activities, will be deleted and may not be recoverable.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Third Party Services
The Mobilizr App utilises the Google Places Web service application. This enable you to add a location to any activity you create. By using the Mobilizr App you are also bound by Google’s Terms of Service
Our Commitment To Data Security
Mobilizr uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Mobilizr Service and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Mobilizr Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Mobilizr Website or through the Mobilizr App if a security breach occurs.
The Mobilizr Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers.
Don’t want to give us your information?
Last amended: 1st September 2016